Sustainability Challenge: 10 Ways to be Sustainable at Home
We’ve launched our April challenge with Jen from Paisley and Sparrow, entering week 2. We’re seeing so many people jump on board, it’s fun to see this challenge take shape and the commitment from our community.
There is plenty of time to jump in with plenty of giveaways left. See our calendar below for daily prompts of ways you can lean into sustainability. Share any of the below items or one of your own, tag both @jkath_designbuild and @paisleyandsparrow with the hashtag #SustainabilityChallenge2020 to be entered into our weekly drawing.
Here at Jkath we launched a Sustainable Series earlier this year sharing ways to incorporate sustainability into your remodel, selections and furnishings. We’re carrying this into April with the below challenge and look forward to ways we can continue the conversation as we partner with brands on our very own custom home build this year. Check back for further updates.
10 ways here you can be sustainable in your own home:
1. Go paperless, choose paperless with all of your billing options.
3. Energy Efficiency, unplug small appliances when not in use.
4. Subscribe to your local CSA, farm fresh veggies every week.
5. Start a compost, some cities have compost pickup. Start by collecting meal prep scraps.
6. Cloth napkins, check out Etsy for easy + stylish options that can be a part of your daily use. (NO more paper towels!)
7. Turn the lights off, be mindful and turn lights off when leaving a room.
8. Indoor plants, get to know eco-friendly options for the air quality in your home. Infographic here illustrating some examples. Provided by Eco-Age.
9. Change your filters, furnace, dishwasher, air purifiers etc ..
10. Reduce water, take a shorter shower or worry less about clean plates before loading the dishwasher.
April Challenge Calendar
How to play
Each time you complete a task, in no particular order (so have fun with it), throw it up in your stories on IG and tag @jkath_designbuild + @paisleyandsparrow, use the hashtag #SustainabilityChallenge2020 to be entered! Each tag gets you entered into a drawing.
We’ve partnered with some AMAZING local businesses and they’ve generously donated giveaways we will anxiously shout out throughout the month.
These giveaway sponsors include:
- $50 Tonkadale gift card and mug
- Room & Board Emmet Chair
- Grove Plastic Swaps and Cleaning Kit
- Kura Home filter delivery ($100 value)
- $150 BeautyCounter Gift Card from Christina Winter Rymer
- $100 Primp Cheap Chic Boutique gift card
Check out Paisley + Sparrow’s post here.
Katie + Jkath Team
Interested in connecting about your home renovation?
Some recent projects from our team we think you might like:
We love being a resource for you, as a disclosure, this post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of them, we may receive a small commission (for which we are very grateful for) at no extra cost to you.
#sustainabilitychallenge #aprilchallenge #aprilgiveaway #sponosoredchallenge #sustainabilitychallenge2020 #sustainablelifestyle #sustainablehome